The name for the Fouga CM-170 Magister in Israel is : Tsukit (Hebrew name wich means Merlin).
Thirty-six CM-170R aircraft were assembled by Bedek (now IAI) from German supplied kits (c/ns 235 to 250, initially serialled 15, 16, 17 etc. then reserialled in the range 201 to 299).
Up to 114 ex-Luftwaffe aircraft (serialled in 040 to 099 and 101 to 199).
The Lebanese Air Force was established in 1949. Soon after its establishment a number of planes were donated by the British, French, and Italian governments. A few years later, in 1953, jet fighters were introduced when a number of de Havilland Vampire jet.
By the early 60s, the Lebanese Air Force's inventory already had a large number of propeller driven early trainers and with the introduction of the faster Vampire and Hunter jets, the need for an advanced trainer became one of the priorities. The Fouga Magister CM-170 was chosen and the first 5 were delivered in 1966. Further 5 Fougas were bought from the German Air Force (Luftwaffe) in 1972. The Fouga Magisters were the only advanced trainers even operated by the Lebanese Air Force and few were believed to be in service till the early 90s.